Have you ever had to move and felt overwhelmed about where to start?
Look no further, we have come up with 12 ways to not go crazy while moving into your new home!
- Find a GREAT REAL ESTATE TEAM – This is the most important step during your moving process. An Amazing REAL ESTATE TEAM will make your home buying/selling process smooth and enjoyable!
- Supplies – Make sure you have all the supplies you need BEFORE starting to pack. These supplies should include packing tape, scissors, duct tape, sharpies, boxes of all sizes, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, basic cleaning supplies, a moving truck, dolly, and MUSCLE!
- Color Coordinate each room – Use the colored duct tape to designate each room to a specific color, this way when you are unloading your truck, you know exactly which room to take what box!
- The MUSCLE – Make sure to ask friends for help, you can always motivate your friends and family with the very popular “There will be free pizza” line.
- Cancel & Transfer Services – Make sure to cancel ahead of time any unused services and transfer any services such as your mail, phone, cable, electricity, water, and other bills.
- Plastic wrap Trick – You can use plastic wrap to keep your drawers on your dresser shut, this makes it way easier to move!
- Overnight bag – Pack an overnight bag and leave it in your vehicle to make it easily accessible. Pack the essentials for the next couple of days including, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, change of clothes and any other toiletries you may need.
- Clean Last – Don’t clean as you go, wait until the last box is loaded and start from one corner of the house to the other. This will cut down on your moving time and work. Give it a quick sweep, vacuum, mop, and then wipe all counter tops and windows.
- Rent a Truck – Make sure you have the means to transport all of your belongings. Whether that means using your truck, your friends truck, going to rent a U-Haul or hiring a moving company. And here’s an added bonus… to find a reputable moving company, check out This Old House.com. They have a great list of movers who are able to help with those out-of-state moves that can get quite complicated.
- Load the Heavy stuff first – Put all the bulky heavy furniture in the truck first, this way you can play Tetris with the smaller items and boxes.
- Take a Photo of electrical wires – This is super helpful if you’re not very tech savvy, you will have a picture to reference back to when putting your electrical devices back together in your new home.
- Make Your Bed FIRST – There is something about sleeping in your own bed, with fresh clean sheets. When moving, in make your bed first, that way when you are EXHAUSTED from your long day of unpacking, you are able to just crash. So you won’t have to worry about putting your bed together when you can barely keep your eyes opened!
That’s It for our helpful tips and tricks! Contact our Real Estate Team any of your Real Estate needs, we would love to help out!