Have you ever wondered what items you need to make your home have that PERFECT farmhouse feel and be ready for hosting?? Well, some of our Concord Real Estate Agents have come up with a list of must-have items to decorate your home, check it out!
- To get that Farmhouse feel to your home, I believe you should start from the ground up so you should focus on your floors! You want to look for hardwood and want to aim for a light gray or lighter shades of brown. If new floors aren’t in your budget, then adding cute accent rugs, white or grey would do the job just fine!
- Secondly, the front entry sets the tone of your home, so having the perfect entry table is needed. Not only do you need this entry table, but you need to add some lamps, candles, a little greenery, and a medium sized mirror. Creating a little collage above the entryway table will make your home have a warm feel to it!
- Moving on to the living area, I would say there are a couple of must-have items, including some sort of galvanized metal such as buckets, chairs or trays to place on your coffee table.
- To add a little bit of warmth to your family room, you should use some throw pillows, particularly lighter colors that match your homes theme color.
- I would also recommend using a tall floor length mirror with wooden trim, this will make the room feel a little bit bigger! When I think farmhouse, I think cozy, clean and bright, so these next couple of items will get your home feeling great!
When I think farmhouse, I think cozy, clean and bright, so these next couple of items will get your home feeling great!
- You want to make sure to get a blanket ladder, this would be used to hang a few of your favorite blankets on near your couch, this will make it convenient for you when you want access to a blanket nearby!
- Lights, lights, lights… for the Farmhouse feel, get some outdoor lights and string them in your backyard, this makes for an inviting hang out area. Also having a lot of natural light in your home is important, it helps make the smallest spaces seem bigger.
- Not only do you need lights outside, but look for an industrial type of light to hang in your kitchen or over your distressed Farmhouse table!
- Lastly, you can never go wrong with lanterns. Specifically lanterns with candles in them, these are a simple but cute decoration piece.
Some of our Concord Real Estate Agents would say “Less is more” when decorating your home to feel like a rustic farmhouse. You don’t always need a bunch of clutter, be simple and neat and your decorations will fall into place. Make sure to print out this page to use as your shopping list while searching for your home decorations!