You have options! Many Homeowners think they have no options but to let the property go to foreclosure. There are many payment relief options that exist in today’s market to avoid foreclosure or provide payment relief.
HOW I CAN HELP
Step 1: Learn
Learn the options available with a
Free 30 minute Options Orientation. Click Here
Step 2: Select
Select the option that works best for your individual
Our experience with Rick Fuller Realtor was an amazing experience and I highly recommend their services. We had the pleasure to work with Wendy Shearer who was very professional and knowledgeable during every step of the process in finding a dream home (it was our first experience on the housing market in the USA) which required additional guidance. Above all the procedures there was that special caring touch and support when the outcome of unpredictable events would occur. In addition of exceptional business services there was a very dedicated team that we will recommend to friends and family so they can have the same opportunity we had to find the house of our dream!
Having difficulty writing a Short Sale Hardship Letter? Need a Short Sale Financial Worksheet?
Choose from three Sample Short Sale Hardship Letters and an easy to use Financial Worksheet.
Get Our Free Sample Hardship Short Sale LettersSign up for a free short sale options orientation to discuss your options for payment relief or a short sale with a Licensed Real Estate Professional. Get our free sample hardship letters just for signing up!
What is a short sale?
A short sale starts as simply a proposal. A short sale starts as a proposal for the Lender to allow a sale of a home when its sales price is less than the total amount of the balance due. Your Lender may voluntarily agree to a short sale by accepting less than what is owed.
If your property is a one-to-four residential unit your Lender (s) are generally prohibited from holding you personally liable for the deficiency under California Law after approving and completing a short sale. Restrictions can apply.
A short sale can many times be a more dignified approach to leaving the property compared with a foreclosure. A short sale is not a foreclosure! Check Eligibility
Why a short sale for the Homeowner?
- Usually a short sale is a far more dignified and orderly way to leave the property. A short sale is not a foreclosure as you are working with your Lender(s) to sell the property and find a solution to the problem rather than working against your Lender(s) and walking away.
- Someone is there to handle the paperwork for you. A Licensed Real Estate Professional with short sale experience can walk you through the process of a short sale and keep you updated each step of the way.
- Often times a short sale can minimize your liability with a Junior Lien Holder (2nd Mortgage). What you don’t read on many websites that encourage homeowners to walk away from the property is that often times Homeowners can be liable AFTER the foreclosure for the 2nd mortgage or junior lien holder. This is known as a “wiped out junior”. A property forecloses and the 2nd mortgage may not go away! Not so with a short sale. Some Restrictions Apply
- A short sale can minimize the liability of having a vacant property. In my community, Antioch, Ca the average home forecloses after approx. 9 months of missed payments. Many times the property sits vacant and is often times vulnerable to vandalism, theft, and squatters. Not so with a short sale it is generally recommended to stay in the property until the property is sold.
- $3,000 Relocation Assistance (if you qualify for HAFA). Contact us for a free HAFA brochure or visit our office at 5079 Lone Tree Way Antioch, Ca 94531
- Simply put, it’s not a foreclosure! Have you ever filled out an application for a car loan, personal loan, home loan and it asked “have you ever had a foreclosure”? After completing a short sale the answer would be “NO” as a short sale is NOT a foreclosure.
Why a short sale for the Lender?
- It saves the Lender money. I was once told that the cost to a Lender who pursued foreclosure rather than a short sale was averaging $47,000 in Antioch, Ca. In this case, it cost the Lender $47,000 more to not work with the homeowner and foreclose! Compared to a foreclosure a short sale can actually save the Lender money?
- Through HAFA, the Lender and/or the Investor can often times receive financial assistance to complete the short sale.
- Usually the property through a short sale is sold in far greater condition than through a (trustee sale) foreclosure. As mentioned,I live in Antioch, Ca and foreclosures are usually not presented to the bank in the best condition. Actually I regularly see homes that have no appliances, no fixtures, even missing flooring. Because of the lengthy nature of a foreclosure often times the property sits vacant for months before the foreclosure is complete encouraging vandalism, theft and squatters. Not so with a short sale, actually with a short sale the bank never gets the property back but simply approves the sale and it is generally a good practice for the homeowner to remain in the property until the short sale is complete.
How to get started on a short sale?
Are you Eligible for a Short Sale?You may be eligible for a HAFA Short Sale and $3,000 Relocation Assistance. Fill out the form to find out!
Disclaimer: A short sale may have legal, tax, credit, and other potential implications therefore readers with credit, legal and tax questions are advised to seek the advice of an attorney or tax professional. The information above is not to be considered legal and or tax advice. Rick Fuller Inc. Realtors Lic# 01874995