There are so many great landmarks and museums around Newark! I personally love learning about history in an area I am living in or a city I visit frequently. It is so neat to me to see historic buildings still around from many years ago and reading and learning about what happened so many years ago! After doing some research, I put together a list of places and buildings you have to check out!
Ardenwood Historic Farm
34600 Ardenwood Blvd.
Freemont, CA 94555
- Historic regional farm
- Has been around since the 1850s
- The farm grows the same produce as it did over 100 years ago.
- All visits here are different, due to the season change.
- Hosts special events and prices to visit vary depending on what time of the year you are going.
Niles Canyon Railway
37029 Mission Blvd.
Freemont, CA 94536
- Non-profit organization
- A railway museum on the history of Niles Canyon Railway
- The goal is to get the railway fully working again to be able to be used by the public one day.
- There are tons of events that are held at the Niles Canyon Railway throughout the year.
- You can take rides on the railway and book your ride online ahead of time.
Niles Film Museum
37417 Niles Blvd.
Freemont, CA 94536
- Resources for all silent filmmaking
- Museum offers a way to rediscover old American movie pioneers.
- The museum is known for keeping silent film making alive
- Weekday tours are available (2-3 hours) with fun activities.
- Theater rentals are available
I hope this list helps you find some cool history around the Newark/Freemont area! There are so many more unique places and museums you can find online as well. If you have any questions about buying a home in the area of Newark or looking to sell your house, contact your local Newark Real Estate Team and we would love to answer any questions you may have for us! We would love to give you an experience you would be excited to tell a friend about!