Newark has a lot planned ahead of them! Planning for the future is something we all do whether it is moving, planning to get married, or even planing for a couple of years from now. In order to grow, we must plan for the future. The city of Newark has several long term plans that is estimated to take about 20 years to achieve. The Rick Fuller Real Estate Team would love to share some of these plans with you!
- Newark is planning to rebuild the Newark Civic Center. They need a new building that will provide more room and that will be a more multi-functional building that they lack in their current building today.
- To finish the development plan they started for Ohlone College.
- Building more home developments in Newark and commercial developments.
- More hotels and corporate offices are planning on being built.
- Bringing back salt harvests in Newark.
- Building more parks and recreational facilities.
- Golf courses, driving ranges, tennis clubs, and batting cages as well as more areas for picnics. The City of Newark really wants to bring more fun things to do in this city for people to enjoy.
- Sports fields and athletic parks
- Conserving open spaces that are being occupied by animals, and conserving the lakes, wetlands and nature life. Protecting wildlife habitats is important to the city of Newark, and these areas will not be used for employment or human habitation. Newark is considering allowing a limited number of trails and nature centers but the city’s main goal is to keep the wildlife protected.
- Improve the local schools and support and improve after school programs.
- Developing more senior services and facilities for the senior population of Newark.
There are so many more changes, improvements, and building plans that the city of Newark has planned that are not listed. You can find out more of what Newark has planned in the future by going online and checking out their website here. Their goal is to make the city of Newark a safer, better and more enjoyable city to live in with more resources available! I hope you enjoyed reading about what the future of Newark holds! If you are interested in buying or selling a home in the city of Newark contact our Newark Real Estate Team today! We would love to give you an experience you would be excited to tell a friend about.